Library operation from May 17, 2021
From May 17, 2021, we are opening a study room in Žižkov. The library is also still open for returning books and for picking up pre-ordered books, of course, while respecting all anti-epidemic measures valid in the Czech Republic. When entering the university premises, it is also necessary to respect the valid measures of the rector.
Maximum number of study room visitors (keeping safe distances) is 28. Maximum number of people in the computer study room is 4.
A visit to the study room will be possible under the following conditions:
- Entry to the study room will be possible only with a valid VŠE identification card or an external library user card.
- It is necessary to submit before entering the study room
- confirmation of a negative result of the antigen test for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 virus or the RT-PCR test for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 virus issued by a testing point or display an SMS message of a negative test result on a mobile phone (test must not be older than 7 days) or
- a certificate issued by a health service provider stating that they have undergone Covid-19 disease in the last 90 days (the isolation period has elapsed according to the valid emergency measure of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic, and no more than 90 days have elapsed since the first positive test) or
- a certificate of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic on vaccination against Covid -19 (at least 14 days have passed since the application of the second dose of vaccine, or since the application of the first dose in the case of a single-dose schedule).
- It is mandatory to use respiratory protection with a respirator of at least FFP2 class and to keep the recommended safe distance throughout the study room visit.
Available: copiers, network printers, scanners, charging cards for printing.
Study rooms for team work and rest zones in the study room remain closed.
Lending and returning books
It is not necessary to prove yourself with a test or other confirmation to return or pick up the ordered books.
You can pick up the ordered books from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 4 pm at the loan desk in the Žižkov Library. Please wait for a confirmation email that the book is ready before you come to pick it up.
If there are unpaid fees in your account (eg a reservation fee), you can pay them through the online payment gateway in our catalogue (log in to your account first) before picking up the book or pay in cash upon receipt of the book.
We prefer returning borrowed books to the bibliobox located at the entrance to the Old Building in Žižkov, the books can also be returned at the loan desk in Žizkov.
From May 3, 2021, borrowed books are no longer automatically renewed. Late returns will be subject to late fees.
For written communication, please use the address email@example.com.
Other information about the operation
- Jižní Město Library is closed until further notice. Books ordered from Jižní Město are ready to pick up in Žižkov Library within max. 10 workdays (wait for the information email).
- New external user registrations are only possible on Tuesdays until 13:30 following the opening hours of the Card Administration.
- When visiting the library, it is still obligatory to use hand disinfection, to wear respirator during the entire visit and to keep a safe distance. Please stay in the library only for the necessary time.
Thank you for following the measures and being considerate.